Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorfarazbabo
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2020

I enjoy Sewing. It gives me the opportunity to make something unique, beautiful and useful for myself of someone I love. When I wear something I Sewed people I know or strangers on the street compliment me and are always impressed when I tell them I Sewed it. As much as I love sewing there are a few tools that make it much easier and I could never do without.

For me the most important sewing tool I have is my tape measure. I make most of my own patterns using a measuring tape and, a permanent marker and some pattern paper. So I need it to measure the Sewing Patterns. I also use my tape measure to check the measurements of a big name Sewing Pattern. You can get a good tape measure at any fabric store for about $1. Buy a fabric one that is coated in plastic. These don't stretch.

You will also need a straight edged metal ruler. This will help you cut straight edges and measure strips of fabric.

When checking and measuring the width of hems and seams, a seam gauge is made for the job. It is adjustable so you can make sure your seams or hems are perfect.

I have a pair of 9-inch Sewing Shears that have an angled blade and a straight blade. The angled blade makes the Shears great for cutting fabric on a flat surface because they don't disturb the Fabric, making it easier to cut Fabric accurately.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfarazbabo
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2020

Your blog is one of a kind, i love the way you organize the topics.,`:*~ best sewing kit