Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorcrowek
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2018 edited

Hello,

Initially I launched the OS reset option, but it refused to continue, citing something about Windows being in the wrong directory. So I decided to backup my files and do a complete reinstall using a bootable USB stick. I also reformatted the SSD. Windows installation halted at 99% "getting files ready for installation" repeatedly before throwing the error code 0x8007025d. I first copied the ISO files from a bootable DVD to the usb stick, and then later I used MS's ISO-to-USB download tool (twice), so it's very unlikely that the install files were corrupted. I then ran Memtest86+ to check for a bad RAM, and stopped it after 9 passes without errors. Bad memory is very unlikely. I'm stumped on what to do next. Regarding the potential USB3 bug with bootable USB sticks, if that's the case, then I'm SOL because the Acer laptop only has USB3 ports (3 of them in total). The laptop also doesn't have an internal DVD drive.

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
    https://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=118962

Thank you.